- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Vitus Mythique 29 VRS Bike (SX Eagle 1×12)
This big and bold Vitus MTB is a top terrain-taming trail bike for the modern MTBer. Developed around a renowned Horst-link 4-bar suspension design, it gives an accessible and capable performance on every off-road outing. Modern geometry and reliable componentry take this stunning full suspension bike and your performance to new heights. Encouraging you to get out on the trails and shred every section, no route if too intimidating for this mighty Mythique.
Durably-Built, Alloy-Framed, Full Suspension MTB
This VRS model is brilliantly-equipped to hit the mountain from the off, using a 140mm full suspension alloy frame, boost spacing, and a SRAM SX Eagle drivetrain to blast through every adventure. An X-Fusion front and rear suspension system works with superb Shimano MT-401 brakes to give confident control over every rowdy run, while WTB tubeless-ready rims and Schwalbe tyres roll the Vitus Mythique 29 VRS Bike (SX Eagle 1×12) through the toughest terrains with pace, power and prowess.
- Mythique 140mm 6061 Alloy Boost frame
- X-Fusion Sweep Boost 140mm forks
- X-Fusion 02 Pro rear shock
- SRAM SX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain
- Shimano MT-401 brakes
- Brand-X dropper seatpost
- Schwalbe tubeless-ready Magic Mary / Hans Dampf tyres
- Frame: Mythique 29″ 140mm travel full suspension frame, Horst Link suspension system, Boost axle spacing, 6061 alloy
- Fork: X-Fusion Slide Boost RC 29″ 140mm, Boost 15mm x 110mm, 44mm offset, tapered, Matte Black
- Rear Shock: X-Fusion O2PRO-R, 200mm x 51mm, 22.2x8mm hardware both ends, Custom Firm Tune (C)
- Headset: ACROS, ZS 44mm/56mm
- BB Parts: SRAM SX Eagle, Threaded 73mm BSA, Powerspline
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron, 25mm Rise, Width – S-760mm, M-780mm, L-800mm, XL-800mm, 31.8mm bar diameter
- Stem: Vitus, 45mm, 31.8mm bar diameter, 0-deg rise
- Grip: Vitus, Tapered, single alloy clamp, sticky rubber
- Rims: WTB ST i30, TCS 2.0, 29″, 30mm inner diameter, 32 hole, Pinned Joint
- Hubs: Front: Vitus DHF112, Boost 15x110mm, double sealed bearings, 32H, 6-Bolt; Rear: Vitus M5ER, Boost 12x148mm, double sealed bearings, 32H, Shimano 11-speed driver body, 6-Bolt
- Tyres: Front: Schwalbe Magic Mary Evo, 29″ x 2.35″, SnakeSkin, TLE, ADDIX Soft; Rear: Schwalbe Hans Dampf Performance, 29″ x 2.35″, TwinSkin, TLR, ADDIX Soft
- Spokes: 14G Stainless-Steel, double-butted, black with brass nipples
- Chain: SRAM SX Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM SX Eagle, 30T, 170mm, GXP 73mm, 53mm Boost chainline, Powerspline
- Brakes: Shimano MT401, resin pad (without fin), SM-MA-F180P/P2 adaptor, 180mm 6-Bolt Rotor SM-RT56
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle
- Shifter: SRAM SX Eagle
- Freewheel: SRAM SX Eagle 11-50T
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend, 31.6mm, left-hand remote lever, S-100mm, M-125mm, L & XL-150mm
- Seat Clamp: Vitus 34.9mm seat clamp with quick-release lever
- Axle: Vitus 12mm x 181mm, M12, Pitch 1.5mm x Length 20mm
- Weight: 15.17kg
To see an exploded diagram that shows all compatible spare parts for this frame, please Click Here
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Military Green
- Frame Size: M, XL, L
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 140mm
- Rear Travel: 130mm
Bike Sizing Guide
Choosing the bike size depends on the type of bike, your height, your riding style, and your preference. A correct fitting bike will be more comfortable, more efficient and more fun to ride. This bike size guide gives our customers general advice on choosing the right size. It is a guide only and we always recommend visiting one of our stores or contacting one of our experts from our contact us page.
To get started, think about your style of riding, measure your height and use the links above for sizing on relevant bike types.
Measure your height
To find the correct sized bike you will need to measure your height and your inside leg. For your height, stand against a wall and mark the wall with a pencil so it's level with the top of your head. Then measure from the ground up to the mark (having someone to help might make this easier). For your inside leg measurement, stand against a wall and using a book hold it in between your legs into your groin and make sure it's flat against the wall. Measure the height from the book to the floor. (Again it might be easier to get a friend to help). If your height is on the cusp of the size range, your reach is often the deciding factor in which size to go for. To find out if you have short or long reach you will need to measure your ape index. This is your arm span minus your height. If you have a positive ape index then go for the larger size, or if you have a negative ape index go for a smaller size.
The type of bike
What type of bike you choose will affect the bike size you buy. The type or style of riding that you do will also affect which size you need. For example a mountain biker that wants to ride more aggressively and would like a more manoeuvrable bike may prefer a size smaller than they would normally take. Likewise a cross country racer that is looking for a flatter and speedier mountain bike may prefer a size larger than they would normally take. There is no definitive right or wrong size, it all comes down to personal preference and what feels comfortable. The different types of bikes are all explained within our buying guides.
How are bikes measured?
Bikes are measured by their seat tube length. This measurement is normally from the centre of the bottom bracket (BB) or the centre of the bolt that attached the crank arms. This differs by brand, some measure to the top of where the top tube meets the seat tube, or even the centre of the top tube. Mountain bikes are either measured in inches or descriptive sizes (small, medium etc). Road bikes are in centimetres or descriptive sizes where as Hybrid bikes can be any one of the three. Bikes also get longer as they go up in size (relative to the frame size) but different brands can be inherently longer or shorter than others.
Stand over height
Stand over height is how tall the frame is from the ground. Stand over height measurements are to the top of the top-tube. Ideally you want at least 2cm of clearance between you and the frame. In theory your stand over height is your leg measurement minus 2cm. It it worth measuring your inside leg with your shoes on so you can establish your stand over height. Should you need to jump off the saddle quickly, the clearance between you and the frame will prevent any injuries.
This handy chart should show you the right size of MTB you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
This handy chart should show you the right size of road bike you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and always check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Road Bike Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (cm)|
|4'10" - 5'0"||148cm - 152cm||XX-Small (47cm - 48cm)||View all XX-Small Road Bikes|
|5'0" - 5'3"||152cm - 160cm||X-Small (49cm - 50cm)||View all X-Small Road Bikes|
|5'3" - 5'6"||160cm - 168cm||Small (51cm - 53cm)||View all Small Road Bikes|
|5'6" - 5'9"||168cm - 175cm||Medium (54cm - 55cm)||View all Medium Road Bikes|
|5'9" - 6'0"||175cm - 183cm||Large (56cm - 58cm)||View all Large Road Bikes|
|6'0" - 6'3"||183cm - 191cm||X-Large (58cm - 60cm)||View all X-Large Road Bikes|
|6'3" - 6'6"||191cm - 198cm||XX-Large (61cm - 63cm)||View all XX-Large Road Bikes|
XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL