Vitus Escarpe 29 VR Bike (NX Eagle 1×12) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Vitus Escarpe 29 VR Bike (NX Eagle 1×12)
Built to explore every off-road route and climb the steepest hills, this hard-riding off-roader finds the perfect balance of fun and efficiency. Using its 140mm rear travel, the Escarpe makes for the perfect trail bike, ascending every incline with ease and using its modern geometry to hold steady on the way back down. This venturesome full suspension steed is available in 27.5” or 29” sizes to ensure there’s an Escarpe to suit your riding style.
High-Performance, Alloy-Framed, Full Suspension MTB
This VR model comes equipped with the high performance 150mm RockShox Lyrik Select Charger RC fork and 140mm RockShox RS Deluxe Select+ RT rear shock to eat up the most rugged terrains. It also features SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed gearing, SRAM Guide T disc brakes, plus internal dropper post routing for the Brand-X Ascend dropper post. The Vitus Escarpe 29 VR Bike (NX Eagle 1×12) rolls upon DT Swiss XM1501 Spline 30 WTB ST Light i30 rims and 2.6” wide Maxxis 3C tyres, giving a tubeless-ready, high-grip and easy-handling performance as you flow along the singletrack.
- Escarpe 6061-T6 alloy 29” frame with boost spacing and modern aggressive geometry
- 140mm rear suspension, 150mm front suspension
- SRAM 1×12 NX Eagle groupset
- Brand-X Ascend Internal Dropper Post
- Metric Trunnion mount shock with sealed bearing upper shock mount
- Tubeless-ready Maxxis 3C Tyres with tubeless rim tape fitted and valves included
- Frame: Escarpe 29″ 140mm travel full suspension frame, Boost, 6061 Alloy
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Select Charger RC 150mm, 29″, Boost 15×110, 42mm offset, MXL Stealth, Debonair
- Rear Shock: RockShox RS Deluxe Select+ RT, 185×50, Debonair, 2 Tokens, ML Tune, 380LB Lockout Threshold, Trunnion Standard
- Speed: 12 speed
- Headset: ACROS, ZS 44mm/56mm
- BB Parts: SRAM DUB BSA, MTB73
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Horizon, AL7050, 25mm Rise, Back 9-deg, up 6-deg, Bar Diameter 31.8mm, Width – S-780mm, M-780mm, L-800mm, XL-800mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron, 45mm, 31.8mm bar diameter, 0-deg rise
- Grip: Vitus, Tapered, single alloy clamp, sticky rubber
- Rims: WTB ST Light i30, TCS 2.0, 29″, 30mm inner diameter, 32 hole, Sleeved Joint
- Hubs: Front: Vitus DHF112, Boost 15x110mm, double sealed bearings, 32H, 6-Bolt; Rear: Vitus M5ER, Boost 12x148mm, double sealed bearings, 32H, Shimano 11-speed driver body, 6-Bolt
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai, 29″x2.5″WT, 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR; Rear: Maxxis Minnion DHR II, 29″x2.40″ WT, 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Spokes: Stainless-Steel, double-butted, black with brass nipples
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle, B148 DUB 170mm 30T
- Brakes: Front: SRAM GUIDE T, MatchMaker, 200mm Centerline Rotors; Rear: SRAM GUIDE T, MatchMaker, 180mm Centerline Rotors
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shifter: SRAM NX Eagle, MatchMaker-X Compatible 12-speed
- Freewheel: SRAM NX Eagle 11-50T, PG1230
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend, 31.6mm, left hand remote lever, S-100mm, M-125mm, L-150mm, XL-150mm
- Rear Hub Axle: Vitus 12mm x 181mm, M12, Pitch 1.5mm x Length 20mm
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x CS, 28-34T ISCG-05 Black
To see an exploded diagram that shows all compatible spare parts for this frame, please Click Here
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Vitus Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Primer Grey – Black
- Frame Size: S, XL, L, M
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 150mm
- Rear Travel: 140mm
Bike Sizing Guide
Choosing the bike size depends on the type of bike, your height, your riding style, and your preference. A correct fitting bike will be more comfortable, more efficient and more fun to ride. This bike size guide gives our customers general advice on choosing the right size. It is a guide only and we always recommend visiting one of our stores or contacting one of our experts from our contact us page.
To get started, think about your style of riding, measure your height and use the links above for sizing on relevant bike types.
Measure your height
To find the correct sized bike you will need to measure your height and your inside leg. For your height, stand against a wall and mark the wall with a pencil so it's level with the top of your head. Then measure from the ground up to the mark (having someone to help might make this easier). For your inside leg measurement, stand against a wall and using a book hold it in between your legs into your groin and make sure it's flat against the wall. Measure the height from the book to the floor. (Again it might be easier to get a friend to help). If your height is on the cusp of the size range, your reach is often the deciding factor in which size to go for. To find out if you have short or long reach you will need to measure your ape index. This is your arm span minus your height. If you have a positive ape index then go for the larger size, or if you have a negative ape index go for a smaller size.
The type of bike
What type of bike you choose will affect the bike size you buy. The type or style of riding that you do will also affect which size you need. For example a mountain biker that wants to ride more aggressively and would like a more manoeuvrable bike may prefer a size smaller than they would normally take. Likewise a cross country racer that is looking for a flatter and speedier mountain bike may prefer a size larger than they would normally take. There is no definitive right or wrong size, it all comes down to personal preference and what feels comfortable. The different types of bikes are all explained within our buying guides.
How are bikes measured?
Bikes are measured by their seat tube length. This measurement is normally from the centre of the bottom bracket (BB) or the centre of the bolt that attached the crank arms. This differs by brand, some measure to the top of where the top tube meets the seat tube, or even the centre of the top tube. Mountain bikes are either measured in inches or descriptive sizes (small, medium etc). Road bikes are in centimetres or descriptive sizes where as Hybrid bikes can be any one of the three. Bikes also get longer as they go up in size (relative to the frame size) but different brands can be inherently longer or shorter than others.
Stand over height
Stand over height is how tall the frame is from the ground. Stand over height measurements are to the top of the top-tube. Ideally you want at least 2cm of clearance between you and the frame. In theory your stand over height is your leg measurement minus 2cm. It it worth measuring your inside leg with your shoes on so you can establish your stand over height. Should you need to jump off the saddle quickly, the clearance between you and the frame will prevent any injuries.
This handy chart should show you the right size of MTB you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
This handy chart should show you the right size of road bike you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and always check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Road Bike Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (cm)|
|4'10" - 5'0"||148cm - 152cm||XX-Small (47cm - 48cm)||View all XX-Small Road Bikes|
|5'0" - 5'3"||152cm - 160cm||X-Small (49cm - 50cm)||View all X-Small Road Bikes|
|5'3" - 5'6"||160cm - 168cm||Small (51cm - 53cm)||View all Small Road Bikes|
|5'6" - 5'9"||168cm - 175cm||Medium (54cm - 55cm)||View all Medium Road Bikes|
|5'9" - 6'0"||175cm - 183cm||Large (56cm - 58cm)||View all Large Road Bikes|
|6'0" - 6'3"||183cm - 191cm||X-Large (58cm - 60cm)||View all X-Large Road Bikes|
|6'3" - 6'6"||191cm - 198cm||XX-Large (61cm - 63cm)||View all XX-Large Road Bikes|
XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL