Nukeproof Reactor 290 ST Factory Carbon Bike (XT) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Reactor 290 ST Factory Carbon Bike
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 ST is designed, engineered and equipped to be the most versatile bike in Nukeproof’s line-up. Ideal for cross-country epics, backcountry explorations and downhill trail riding fun, this short travel version of the Reactor was born to clock up the miles efficiently and comfortably for all-day riding satisfaction.
Enduro Inspired Geometry with Cross Country Agility and Low Weight
This Reactor 290 ST Factory combines the best of enduro bike control (long, low and slack geometry) with the best attributes of a cross country race bike (lightweight build and efficient suspension). It’s a responsive and highly capable full suspension trail bike for attacking the roughest routes on Earth with confidence.
Fox Float Factory Edition Kashima Suspension
With the optimised balance of weight, stiffness, strength and control in mind, the Reactor 290 ST features a full UD woven carbon fibre frame with modern enduro-inspired geometry for the best performance imaginable. Plus, it features a 130mm travel Fox 34 Float Factory Kashima coated suspension fork with a Float DPS Factory Kashima rear shock to tame all terrains.
Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed Drivetrain and Disc Brakes
Driven onward by a Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed drivetrain with a Hyperglide+ 10-51T cassette, this bike provides the efficiency and gear shifting precision to travel anywhere with confidence and pace. Also, it’s equipped with Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes, DT Swiss XM1501 wheels wrapped in Maxxis Rekon Race tyres for the utmost control of your momentum, stability and grip anywhere in the mountains.
Nukeproof Horizon Cockpit and RockShox Reverb Seatpost
Finally, this top-level Nukeproof Reactor 290 ST Factory Carbon Bike is kitted out with an aftermarket Nukeproof Horizon finishing kit and Sam Hill Signature grips for guaranteed reliability performance and style. And, it features a RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost, giving you infinitely adjustable control of your saddle height at the push of a handlebar mounted button.
Reactor ST Adjustable Geometry
The Reactor ST features a 66.8° (66.3° Low) Headangle atop a 76.3° (75.8° Low) seat angle across a 460mm reach on a Medium frame. We also offer the frame in Large and X-Large sizes. The Reactor ST frames feature the same “flip chip” design as the regular Reactor frame to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
- Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
- Rail – The Rail setting turns the Reactor ST into a more aggressive machine, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise the descending capabilities.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 125mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle/chain stays/seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, Enduro bearings, threaded 73mm BSA bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: Fox 34 Float, Factory Series, Kashima, Fit 4 Damper, 130mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, Black
- Shock: Fox Float DPS, Factory Series, Kashima, 3 Position, EVOL, Custom LCL, LRL, CMF tune, 210×47.5mm, Bearing End (0.2 Spacer fitted.)
- Headset: 44-56mm Tapered Semi-Integrated – ZS44-28.6 – T2 / ZS56/40 – B8
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss XM1501 SPLINE 25,29″, Centrelock, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss XM1501 SPLINE 25, 29″, Centrelock, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Maxxis Rekon Race 29×2.35″ EXO/TR
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano XT M8100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano XT M8100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Brakes: Shimano XT M8100, 2 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano MT800, 180mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano MT800, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Orange
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop; XL: 514.5mm length, 200mm drop
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Weight: 12.7kg
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a “flip-chip”, so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from “Trail” to “Rail” mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Matte Carbon-Orange
- Frame Size: L, XL, M
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 130mm
- Rear Travel: 125mm
Bike Sizing Guide
Choosing the bike size depends on the type of bike, your height, your riding style, and your preference. A correct fitting bike will be more comfortable, more efficient and more fun to ride. This bike size guide gives our customers general advice on choosing the right size. It is a guide only and we always recommend visiting one of our stores or contacting one of our experts from our contact us page.
To get started, think about your style of riding, measure your height and use the links above for sizing on relevant bike types.
Measure your height
To find the correct sized bike you will need to measure your height and your inside leg. For your height, stand against a wall and mark the wall with a pencil so it's level with the top of your head. Then measure from the ground up to the mark (having someone to help might make this easier). For your inside leg measurement, stand against a wall and using a book hold it in between your legs into your groin and make sure it's flat against the wall. Measure the height from the book to the floor. (Again it might be easier to get a friend to help). If your height is on the cusp of the size range, your reach is often the deciding factor in which size to go for. To find out if you have short or long reach you will need to measure your ape index. This is your arm span minus your height. If you have a positive ape index then go for the larger size, or if you have a negative ape index go for a smaller size.
The type of bike
What type of bike you choose will affect the bike size you buy. The type or style of riding that you do will also affect which size you need. For example a mountain biker that wants to ride more aggressively and would like a more manoeuvrable bike may prefer a size smaller than they would normally take. Likewise a cross country racer that is looking for a flatter and speedier mountain bike may prefer a size larger than they would normally take. There is no definitive right or wrong size, it all comes down to personal preference and what feels comfortable. The different types of bikes are all explained within our buying guides.
How are bikes measured?
Bikes are measured by their seat tube length. This measurement is normally from the centre of the bottom bracket (BB) or the centre of the bolt that attached the crank arms. This differs by brand, some measure to the top of where the top tube meets the seat tube, or even the centre of the top tube. Mountain bikes are either measured in inches or descriptive sizes (small, medium etc). Road bikes are in centimetres or descriptive sizes where as Hybrid bikes can be any one of the three. Bikes also get longer as they go up in size (relative to the frame size) but different brands can be inherently longer or shorter than others.
Stand over height
Stand over height is how tall the frame is from the ground. Stand over height measurements are to the top of the top-tube. Ideally you want at least 2cm of clearance between you and the frame. In theory your stand over height is your leg measurement minus 2cm. It it worth measuring your inside leg with your shoes on so you can establish your stand over height. Should you need to jump off the saddle quickly, the clearance between you and the frame will prevent any injuries.
This handy chart should show you the right size of MTB you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
This handy chart should show you the right size of road bike you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and always check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Road Bike Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (cm)|
|4'10" - 5'0"||148cm - 152cm||XX-Small (47cm - 48cm)||View all XX-Small Road Bikes|
|5'0" - 5'3"||152cm - 160cm||X-Small (49cm - 50cm)||View all X-Small Road Bikes|
|5'3" - 5'6"||160cm - 168cm||Small (51cm - 53cm)||View all Small Road Bikes|
|5'6" - 5'9"||168cm - 175cm||Medium (54cm - 55cm)||View all Medium Road Bikes|
|5'9" - 6'0"||175cm - 183cm||Large (56cm - 58cm)||View all Large Road Bikes|
|6'0" - 6'3"||183cm - 191cm||X-Large (58cm - 60cm)||View all X-Large Road Bikes|
|6'3" - 6'6"||191cm - 198cm||XX-Large (61cm - 63cm)||View all XX-Large Road Bikes|
XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL