Nukeproof Mega 275 RS Carbon Bike (XO1 Eagle) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Mega 275 RS Carbon Bike (XO1 Eagle)
Designed with the Megavalanche DH Marathon as its original race purpose back in 2009, the Nukeproof Mega has come a long way since then. Now in its 4th evolution, the Mega has seized success in multiple disciplines with titles in national and international victories to its name. Engineered to dominate on the EWS Enduro circuit, this mountain-tamer blasted the current Enduro Champion Sam Hill to victory with race-winning excellence two years running.
Durable and Lightweight Carbon Fibre Construction
Built and equipped to control the toughest and roughest enduro tracks, this gravity-focussed Mega inspires confidence on the most daring descents whilst ensuring exceptional pedalling efficiency and comfort for epic all-day mountain riding. This top-level race-rig features an award-winning carbon fibre construction at its core. Engineered with a unique blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, this lightweight and ultra-durable creation is constructed to win races and lift titles. Enabling you to push harder and faster than ever before, its modern geometry pushes the boundaries of performance and is more responsive, predictable and stable in even the most demanding or conditions.
RockShox Long Travel Suspension and SRAM X01 Eagle Drivetrain
Nukeproof has equipped this mountain-slayer with a combination of top-level parts to make it stand-out from the crowd. It features RockShox Lyrik Ultimate RCT3 forks with 180mm of travel up front and 165mm at the rear from a Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT rear shock, this combination gives phenomenal traction and trail gobbling performance anywhere on the mountain side. Powered by only the best, this ride is equipped with a SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed drivetrain to blast it efficiently from the summit to the podium while SRAM Code RSC 4-Pot brakes ensure World Class braking power at your fingertips.
Mavic Deemax DH Wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro Tyres
Ready for any day in the saddle, this warrior has DH ready Mavic Deemax wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro tyres rolling beneath it. This wheel/tyre setup tracks with remarkable stability and reliability as it grips and rockets over the roughest terrains with confidence-inspiring control. This bikes cockpit is fully fledged with a Nukeproof Horizon finishing kit, which includes their own award-winning carbon handlebars, Sam Hill Signature grips and a short 50mm reach stem for immensely responsive handling performance. Plus, this bike build has been completed with a Horizon SL saddle and an internally routed RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost for infinitely adjustable comfort when climbing or descending.
Perfect Frame Size for Everyone
With bike design and performance demands advancing in the EWS race circuit at a rapid rate, Nukeproof has always been a step ahead of the competition and this seasons Mega is no exception. To meet the needs of modern-rider, Nukeproof has added the Medium-Long size to the Mega’s lineup. This size features a seat tube length the same as the Medium, whilst the reach has extended to 452.5mm for a frame size exactly in the middle between a Medium and a Large frame size. This brings the total frame size choice to five in the Mega range, so there should be a perfect frame size for everyone.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 275 Carbon, 165mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for seat stays and chain stays, Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covers TT/DT/CS/SS, Internal cable routing, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB , Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2 RC2 180mm, 46mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Red
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 380 tune, 230x65mm, Bearing End (We recommend most riders use 1x bottomless token but the shock comes with 2 tokens fitted, so you have an extra if needed.)
- Front Wheel: Mavic Deemax DH, 27.5″, 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: Mavic Deemax DH, 27.5″, 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5″ x 2.4, MAGI-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 32T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed, Red
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed, Red
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1295 EAGLE 10-50T
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x SXg, 30-34T, ISCG-05
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, ML780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Red
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; ML: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop; XL: 514.5mm length, 200mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Concrete Grey
- Frame Size: S, M, ML, L, XL
- Wheel Size: 27.5″ (650b)
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 180mm
- Rear Travel: 165mm
Bike Sizing Guide
Choosing the bike size depends on the type of bike, your height, your riding style, and your preference. A correct fitting bike will be more comfortable, more efficient and more fun to ride. This bike size guide gives our customers general advice on choosing the right size. It is a guide only and we always recommend visiting one of our stores or contacting one of our experts from our contact us page.
To get started, think about your style of riding, measure your height and use the links above for sizing on relevant bike types.
Measure your height
To find the correct sized bike you will need to measure your height and your inside leg. For your height, stand against a wall and mark the wall with a pencil so it's level with the top of your head. Then measure from the ground up to the mark (having someone to help might make this easier). For your inside leg measurement, stand against a wall and using a book hold it in between your legs into your groin and make sure it's flat against the wall. Measure the height from the book to the floor. (Again it might be easier to get a friend to help). If your height is on the cusp of the size range, your reach is often the deciding factor in which size to go for. To find out if you have short or long reach you will need to measure your ape index. This is your arm span minus your height. If you have a positive ape index then go for the larger size, or if you have a negative ape index go for a smaller size.
The type of bike
What type of bike you choose will affect the bike size you buy. The type or style of riding that you do will also affect which size you need. For example a mountain biker that wants to ride more aggressively and would like a more manoeuvrable bike may prefer a size smaller than they would normally take. Likewise a cross country racer that is looking for a flatter and speedier mountain bike may prefer a size larger than they would normally take. There is no definitive right or wrong size, it all comes down to personal preference and what feels comfortable. The different types of bikes are all explained within our buying guides.
How are bikes measured?
Bikes are measured by their seat tube length. This measurement is normally from the centre of the bottom bracket (BB) or the centre of the bolt that attached the crank arms. This differs by brand, some measure to the top of where the top tube meets the seat tube, or even the centre of the top tube. Mountain bikes are either measured in inches or descriptive sizes (small, medium etc). Road bikes are in centimetres or descriptive sizes where as Hybrid bikes can be any one of the three. Bikes also get longer as they go up in size (relative to the frame size) but different brands can be inherently longer or shorter than others.
Stand over height
Stand over height is how tall the frame is from the ground. Stand over height measurements are to the top of the top-tube. Ideally you want at least 2cm of clearance between you and the frame. In theory your stand over height is your leg measurement minus 2cm. It it worth measuring your inside leg with your shoes on so you can establish your stand over height. Should you need to jump off the saddle quickly, the clearance between you and the frame will prevent any injuries.
This handy chart should show you the right size of MTB you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
This handy chart should show you the right size of road bike you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and always check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Road Bike Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (cm)|
|4'10" - 5'0"||148cm - 152cm||XX-Small (47cm - 48cm)||View all XX-Small Road Bikes|
|5'0" - 5'3"||152cm - 160cm||X-Small (49cm - 50cm)||View all X-Small Road Bikes|
|5'3" - 5'6"||160cm - 168cm||Small (51cm - 53cm)||View all Small Road Bikes|
|5'6" - 5'9"||168cm - 175cm||Medium (54cm - 55cm)||View all Medium Road Bikes|
|5'9" - 6'0"||175cm - 183cm||Large (56cm - 58cm)||View all Large Road Bikes|
|6'0" - 6'3"||183cm - 191cm||X-Large (58cm - 60cm)||View all X-Large Road Bikes|
|6'3" - 6'6"||191cm - 198cm||XX-Large (61cm - 63cm)||View all XX-Large Road Bikes|
XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL