Nukeproof Mega 275 Elite Carbon Bike (SLX) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Mega 275 Elite Carbon Bike (SLX)
This Nukeproof Mega rolls on 27.5″ wheels, has a quality carbon/alloy frame at its core and is equipped with superb tech and spec for sensational riding anywhere on the mountain. With exceptional Fox Performance Series suspension beneath it, this trail-conquering steed blasts you across the most demanding terrain with confidence and stability. And, its Shimano SLX 12-Speed drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes ensure this rig rockets you up the steepest climbs and races you back down with confidence.
Fox Performance Suspension and Shimano 12-Speed SLX Drivetrain and Disc Brakes
Born to tame the mountain and its most demanding terrain, this daring full-suspension rig is equipped to glide over the roughest rock gardens and to effortlessly find traction and stability anywhere. With a Shimano SLX 12-Speed drivetrain at its core, this ride efficiently soars you up steepest climbs and its SLX 4-Pot disc brakes ensure you have confidence and total control of your momentum on the way back down.
DT Swiss E1900 Spline Wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro Tyres
Rolling up and down the mountain with World Class excellence upon 27.5” DT Swiss E1900 Spline wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro tyres, this wheel/tyre combo guarantees speed, stability and grip over rocks, roots and sloppy mud, and across anything else you encounter. It features a Nukeproof finishing kit to complete this sensational bike build – Including Nukeproof Horizon handlebars, Sam Hill Signature grips and a 45mm-reach Nukeproof Neutron AM stem for immense handling and control. Plus, it includes a Horizon SL saddle and a Brand-X Ascend dropper seatpost and convenient adjustable comfort when climbing or descending.
Enduro Specific Geometry from Greater Comfort and Control
This 27.5” Carbon Mega Elite features a slackened head angle and steeper seat angle for enhanced stability and control on the most technical climbs and most daring descents. This ride also features fine-tuned suspension kinematics to make your experience behind the bars as fast and as controlled as possible. These changes improve its small bump sensitivity, provide greater mid stroke support for more predictable cornering and its increased end stroke progression gives confidence-inspiring control through even the roughest of terrain.
Durable and Lightweight Carbon Fibre Construction
Built and equipped to control the toughest and roughest enduro tracks, this gravity-focussed Mega inspires confidence on the most daring descents whilst ensuring exceptional pedalling efficiency and comfort for epic all-day mountain riding. This top-level race-rig features an award-winning carbon fibre construction at its core. Engineered with a unique blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, this lightweight and ultra-durable creation is constructed to win races and lift titles. Enabling you to push harder and faster than ever before, its modern geometry pushes the boundaries of performance and is more responsive, predictable and stable in even the most demanding trail conditions.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 275 Carbon, 165mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for seat stays and chain stays, Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covers TT/DT/CS/SS, Internal cable routing, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB , Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: Fox 36 Float, Performance Series, Grip Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black
- Shock: Fox Float DPX2, Performance Series, 3 Position lever, Custom CL, LRL tune, 230x65mm, Bearing End (We recommend most riders use 1 spacers but the shock comes with 2 fitted, so you have an extra if needed.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss E1900 SPLINE,27.5″, Centrelock, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss E1900 SPLINE, 27.5″, Centrelock, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5″ x 2.4, MAGI-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 32T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano SLX M7100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M7100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano SLX M7100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano SLX M7100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x AMg CS, 28-34T, ISCG-05
- Brakes: Shimano SLX M7120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT70 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT70, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Grey
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal w 1x Remote, S:125mm drop; M/L:150mm drop; XL:170mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Ron Burgundy
- Frame Size: S, M, ML, L, XL
- Wheel Size: 27.5″ (650b)
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 170mm
- Rear Travel: 165mm
Bike Sizing Guide
Choosing the bike size depends on the type of bike, your height, your riding style, and your preference. A correct fitting bike will be more comfortable, more efficient and more fun to ride. This bike size guide gives our customers general advice on choosing the right size. It is a guide only and we always recommend visiting one of our stores or contacting one of our experts from our contact us page.
To get started, think about your style of riding, measure your height and use the links above for sizing on relevant bike types.
Measure your height
To find the correct sized bike you will need to measure your height and your inside leg. For your height, stand against a wall and mark the wall with a pencil so it's level with the top of your head. Then measure from the ground up to the mark (having someone to help might make this easier). For your inside leg measurement, stand against a wall and using a book hold it in between your legs into your groin and make sure it's flat against the wall. Measure the height from the book to the floor. (Again it might be easier to get a friend to help). If your height is on the cusp of the size range, your reach is often the deciding factor in which size to go for. To find out if you have short or long reach you will need to measure your ape index. This is your arm span minus your height. If you have a positive ape index then go for the larger size, or if you have a negative ape index go for a smaller size.
The type of bike
What type of bike you choose will affect the bike size you buy. The type or style of riding that you do will also affect which size you need. For example a mountain biker that wants to ride more aggressively and would like a more manoeuvrable bike may prefer a size smaller than they would normally take. Likewise a cross country racer that is looking for a flatter and speedier mountain bike may prefer a size larger than they would normally take. There is no definitive right or wrong size, it all comes down to personal preference and what feels comfortable. The different types of bikes are all explained within our buying guides.
How are bikes measured?
Bikes are measured by their seat tube length. This measurement is normally from the centre of the bottom bracket (BB) or the centre of the bolt that attached the crank arms. This differs by brand, some measure to the top of where the top tube meets the seat tube, or even the centre of the top tube. Mountain bikes are either measured in inches or descriptive sizes (small, medium etc). Road bikes are in centimetres or descriptive sizes where as Hybrid bikes can be any one of the three. Bikes also get longer as they go up in size (relative to the frame size) but different brands can be inherently longer or shorter than others.
Stand over height
Stand over height is how tall the frame is from the ground. Stand over height measurements are to the top of the top-tube. Ideally you want at least 2cm of clearance between you and the frame. In theory your stand over height is your leg measurement minus 2cm. It it worth measuring your inside leg with your shoes on so you can establish your stand over height. Should you need to jump off the saddle quickly, the clearance between you and the frame will prevent any injuries.
This handy chart should show you the right size of MTB you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
This handy chart should show you the right size of road bike you need based on your height. Measure your height accurately and always check the manufacturer’s measurements too. You can also visit us in store to speak to an experienced member of staff.
|Rider Height||Suggested Road Bike Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (cm)|
|4'10" - 5'0"||148cm - 152cm||XX-Small (47cm - 48cm)||View all XX-Small Road Bikes|
|5'0" - 5'3"||152cm - 160cm||X-Small (49cm - 50cm)||View all X-Small Road Bikes|
|5'3" - 5'6"||160cm - 168cm||Small (51cm - 53cm)||View all Small Road Bikes|
|5'6" - 5'9"||168cm - 175cm||Medium (54cm - 55cm)||View all Medium Road Bikes|
|5'9" - 6'0"||175cm - 183cm||Large (56cm - 58cm)||View all Large Road Bikes|
|6'0" - 6'3"||183cm - 191cm||X-Large (58cm - 60cm)||View all X-Large Road Bikes|
|6'3" - 6'6"||191cm - 198cm||XX-Large (61cm - 63cm)||View all XX-Large Road Bikes|
XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL